Today I came across a website that shows the rank of webpages mostly visited by Mauritians. It is unbelievable that Facebook is the most visited website instead of Google.mu. The table below shows the ranks of websites mostly visited by Mauritians.
1. Facebook (facebook.com)
2. Google Mauritius (google.mu)
3. Google (google.com)
4. YouTube – Broadcast yourself (youtube.com)
5. Yahoo ! (yahoo.com)
6. Windows Live (live.com)
7. Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
8. Microsoft Network (MSN) (msn.com)
9. Blogger.com (blogger.com)
10. Google.fr (google.fr)
11. Portail Orange (orange.mu)
12. Rapidshare.com (rapidshare.com)
13. L’Express (lexpress.com)
14. WordPress (wordpress.com)
15. eBay (ebay.com)
16. Twitter (twitter.com)
17. Bing (bing.com)
18. filestube.com (filestube.com)
19. Megaupload (megaupload.com)
20. MyJob – Jobs in Mauritius (myjob.mu)
etc…. You can go to the following website to get more rankings. Click Here.
What can be concluded from the above statistics, is that Mauritians download a lot from the internet, like to build social connections online and love to blog and tweet. Amazing this world. Mauritians are using the internet more frequently now and this can impact the educational and working sector!!